Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Solo in Rome

I was in Rome over the Martin Luther King weekend celebrating my birthday...solo this year. I thought i might be a little bumbed to be on my own in Rome...but I had a fabulous time.  On my first evening in Rome I walked from the Vatican all the way to trevi fountain wondering through the city to see all the sites when they were lit up.

Trevi Fountain

Parthenon

I always thought that Rome would be incredible, but I never thought it would be as amazing as what I found.   The Vitican was beautiful...amazing architecture with religious symbolism that was beyond belief.

St Peter's at night


The Square from St. Peter's steps

The colloseum...wow...what a historic location...to stand where so many others have placed thier feet and see the depravity of the human race...being entertained by the killing of others.


Inside the Colloseum


The cross at the seat of observers in the Colloseum

The classic shot

The Spanish steps with all the designer stores adjacent...crazy amounts of people... but beautiful architecture.

Spanish steps at dusk

No matter the time of year, time of day, or the weather, Rome is busy, but it is always worth a visit.  Add it to your must see list!!!



But sometimes you can get a picture without people with the right angle of the camers.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love Italy so much! Every time I visited Rome, I would toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain to return and it came true every single time! :) I'm so glad you had a good trip. I particularly like the picture with the tree lit up...well done!

    ReplyDelete