Saturday, 6 August 2016

Driving Miss Daisy

Last Saturday I started the adventure of driving in Japan.  Since I lived in England I thought, this is will be no big deal (since Japan uses the Left side of the road also).

Well... It wasn't too bad, but when I was in England I had a US spec car but here I will have a Japanese car.  There is a bit of a learning curve to this...

Day 1 Score card:
1.  Tried to get in on the wrong side of the car: 3
Hmm...you can't drive from the passanger side??? 
I ment to do that, I'll just put my purse down and go to the other side now. he he

2.  Tried to shift using the arm rest: un-numbered.  
3.  Turned on the windshield wipers when trying to turn on the turn signals: un-numbered 
This is affectionately called the Yokota wave since it is so common for new drivers.

4.  Drove on the wrong side of the road: 1

At the end of the day I was doing pretty well.  I wasn't using my windshield wipers to signal turns and I was getting on the right  side of the car (literally).  
I ended the day with a fabulous firework show with Debbie and Jim.  I love fireworks!!!  The first week could not have ended better.  




No comments:

Post a Comment