Monday, 15 August 2016

The wish list...

August 1, 2016 was an amazing Monday (how often do we get to say that).  I was praying about a house and what would be ideal.  

The prayer /dream list for a house:   
  1. Within walking distance to the train station, 
  2. Fenced area for Tobias, 
  3. Enough space for the furniture
  4. Kitchen with enough prep surface for cooking to be easy
  5. Kitchen with a gas range.
  6. At least 1 1/2 baths
  7. Two bed rooms
  8. Parking for at least 2 cars
  9. No more than 20min from bas
  10. Feels homey



I was scheduled to see one home in the morning and one in the afternoon.  

Let the hunting begin...
House #1
 
House #1 was about 30 minutes from base.  It was cute, like a craftsman style (with Japanese flare). 

 
It had beautiful wood floors, and a decent kitchen, but the dining area was a very small.  The yard was lovely, but it was very far from the train.   
 
The upstairs was a narrow room and the stairs were very steep, I have no idea how you would get a bed up those stairs.  There was only parking for one.
I wasn't really sure, but I thought it might be a decent option, I thought I may need to settle and store some things and take this house.  I kept praying and felt that God did not what me to settle but wait for his best.  I went back to base and as the landlord dropped me off he said another family was looking house #1 in the afternoon, I was starting to stress about no accepting the home, but I prayed about it and God said...wait.  


Let the hunt continue...
House #2  

Similar to this one, minus the trees and more square.  
(I didn't take a photo of this one).  

The house was about 15 minutes from base.  It was pretty new with good parking so visitors could park easily (the 1st house did not have this), and the rooms were a nice size, but there was no outdoor space, the kitchen was small, it was not close to any public transportation.  
I was again considering it but it would have been a pretty big compromise.  I just did not have peace about it.  As I walked out of the house the Realtor said she had another house she could show me that was not on the original listing.  She said it was about a 15min drive and had 2 bedrooms and was near the train station.  I said OK, lets go see it.  

Oh please let this hunt be successful...
House #3

As we drove she told me more about the house...its new, it has an out door space...as she was talking I thought, maybe this is the house God has for me, I was feeling hopeful, but more like excitement mixed with peace...we arrived at the house. 

It is 3-5min walk to the train, there is a park across the street (out the front door), parking for 3, a fenced outdoor space with minimal maintenance, it is new!!!  
 
It has an amazing kitchen with gas-stove top, and good space, a perfect living space, an amazing closet, and the bathroom has a claw foot tub but is modern (beautiful).

I felt like God had wrapped this house up in an amazing bow and hand delivered it to me.  I snagged it up right away feeling complete peace.  I went into the housing office and got the official process started.  As the counselor talked with me she looked up the house and said it was listed as not allowing pets, but the Realtor told me pets were fine.  The counselor called and verified that yes the house allowed pets...God is TOO amazing.  I am so amazed.  I moved in on 9 August.  I have a home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment