Thursday, 4 August 2016

Help...I'm Lost and I can't find my way

Help...I'm Lost and I can't find my way

By Friday of the first week (July 29th) I was in desperate need of getting my barings here in Fussa, Japan.  I was on a deadline to find a house, a car, and a phone.  I was totally overwhelmed.  I prioritized my list to Phone #1 since my US phone would stop working on the 30th.  =)  

The phone was easy, I walked into the BX (like a small mall on base), and got a phone...yeah I now could communicate.  

I called Debbie and asked if she would show me the lay of the land so I could figure out what houses were in the running.  

Debbie was so generous she said she would be happy to help.  Friday morning we were off for an adventure.  We went on a crazy goose chase looking for some houses the housing office had listed.  I say goose chase becasue though we have GPS, it is all in Japanese, and you are never quite sure if the destination you put in is actually correct until you get there....it's sort of like a scavenger hunt. =)

The scavanger hunt was a bit overwhelming and depressing as I saw houses that were a bit run down...

So shopping was the cure... We went to Hard Off
Hard Off sounds a bit...off color but it is a second hand store.

They are great for all kinds of things, kitchen appliances, clothes, electronics as most things are very lightly used.  

Then we were off for some more retail therapy at Moritown mall.  
It is a modern mall, like an oasis of calm.

The shops are so clean and orderly, it's as if no one has ever looked through the clothes.  

I never would have said I love to shop, but this excursion lifted my spirits and I felt right at home...hmm maybe I am a shopper.  


No comments:

Post a Comment