Since moving to Japan I feel like my IQ has dropped significantly. I speak in broken sentences and rarely understand what people are saying to me. I can't read simple signs and have resorted to memorizing single words to communicate.
My vocabulary has dwindled to:
- Thank you very much
- I am sorry
- Yes
- It's ok/alright
I got a new AC unit installed in my living room...So thankful for cool dry air. =)
In order to use the lovely unit there was a bit of a learning curve...
I can not read these buttons...hmm
And the installation techs did not speak english. Google translate to the rescue!!!
All you have to do is take a picture of the characters, highlight them and you have english...
now all I have to do is memorize the positions of the buttons and I am good to go.
So my life has become a game of memory...I should be winning those games with my neices and nephew in no time.
No comments:
Post a Comment